Friday, April 23, 2010

My FarmVille: Week 7


Last week I could have made a progress report, but I was so busy getting ready for my trip (in a post coming soon) that I just let it go. As you can see, the leaves have come out full force since my last post, and the grass is getting pretty shaggy.

Before leaving town last week, in the hay-covered bed, I raised a wooden trellis frame from which the vining plants will hang. In the sidewalk bed, I laid a soaker hose and covered almost all of the bare ground in mulch, so that it would hold moisture while I was away.

The kale is looking mighty big and spikey weird:


These neat flowers appeared on a bush on the side of the house:


Also, some asparagus came up in the front yard:


Foolishly, I bought several baby plants before leaving town last week: cauliflower, English and French thyme, sage, peppermint and spearmint. I saw those cute little plants at the Coop and I could not resist.

Then I figured, what the heck, and planted the marigolds I started indoors a couple months ago in the area under the rose bush, and I put the zinnia starts in the big green planter and moved it under the lilac tree. All my young plants went right into the ground, and thankfully they survived a week of neglect.

This week I planted some nasturtium seeds in the hanging planters, and some dill seed way on the far end of the sidewalk. Also, I filled in some blank spots where carrots, peas, cilantro and a turnip never appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment