Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My FarmVille: Week 5


What a difference from last week. No more covers on the plantings! Everything is up now (well only 1/2 the chard is up, but that's another story). Leaves are on the once-bare branches, the grass is growing, and the lawn furniture is out.

The parsley seedlings are in, and I put in another round of peas. I also planted some nasturtium under the cherry bushes cause they look pretty ragged, and not a lot of new growth is coming along.

A couple of nights ago an intruder (a squirrel I'm guessing) rooted around in the part of the garden where the chard was planted. Half (4/8 plants) were ruined so I started those over. Someone does not want me eating chard this spring!

Many of the plants (like this spinach) have their 1st true leaves well underway:


More things are happening around the yard. The tulips and voilets are out:



We even have our first dandelion of the year:

(darn Blogger rotated this one on me GRRRRR)

There are more pics of the plants and other things blooming in the yard in our photo gallery.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Love all the color. Spring is fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley, I can't wait to see your yard next weekend. I haven't been there since you had all the landscaping done.

    ReplyDelete