Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tea For One


Since I inherited a few proper tea things from Grannie's estate, I've been enjoying a little fancy tea party in the afternoons. Give me a break, it's not like I have a buddy to go on coffee runs with, so I have to entertain myself. :)

Last Saturday, I bullied Dave into driving across town with me to a community outreach center in a sketchy neighborhood to pick up some locally produced meat and eggs I ordered through Laptop Butcher Shop, a conduit through which city folk like us can buy the freshest, cleanest, meat, dairy, and produce Western PA has to offer.

I made him some kabab last night from Rose Ridge Farm grass-fed beef, which made it a bit easier to swallow.


Lately I've been obsessed with eggs from pasture-raised organic chickens (see Breakfast of Champions), so I jumped at the chance to grab a couple dozen from Wolf Lake Farm for only $4/dozen!

On a completely unrelated topic, we finally captured an invader on camera. This cat stalks through our backyard nearly every afternoon to sneak up on the massive bird feeder our neighbors set up last fall.

Aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment