Monday, October 13, 2008

Restaurants

I wanted to mention before I forget that we went to a couple new places in the past week.

Wednesday night we went to Cafe Du Jour, a French-ish place in the South Side. It didn't look like much. It's a tiny restaurant, and the open kitchen is right there in the front of it. Looks like a converted coffee shop. But the FOOD! was so GOOD! We started with the mushroom soup which was pretty good, but too many herb sticks floating around in it, and the baked brie plate with apples, honey, bread and prosciutto, which was delish and really all we needed to eat. Dave had a chicken thing stuffed with cheese and herbs, and I had the pork chop (me and my pork chops). It was awesome!

Saturday we went to Sakura, a Japanese place in Squirrel Hill. The atmosphere is very welcoming but quiet, and the service is very friendly, so we really liked it right off the bat. I had sushi and Dave had clay pot, and we were both very pleased with our food. The prices were reasonable, and it's not too busy on a Saturday night at 7pm, so this may become a regular spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment