Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nom Nom Nom


Jackie has nearly destroyed her favorite feather toy over the last 3 months. This afternoon I finally found a pet supply store that sells these things in a town only 7 miles away.

On that trip I stopped in at Hooters for lunch. I've never been to Hooters, and I might never have been curious, but an intelligent, liberated female friend of mine said she liked to go to a Hooters in every city she visited because the food was good. So, what the hell.

It turns out that the women working at Hooters aren't wearing tops any more daring than I might wear myself. The real eyebrow-lifter is the micro mini skirts reminiscent of tiny cheerleader uniforms that reveal a LOT of ass cheek. I was expecting the orange short shorts shown in the ads, but I guess this franchise has its own dress code. No cellulite-bearer need apply within! And please wear clean underwear!

The person who recommended this place to me is clearly insane. The food wasn't all that great either. I probably won't be back.

Last night Dave and I went to Ali Baba for dinner. We're still trying to find the Pittsburgh version of Afghani House or Kabul, or even the crazy Rose Market bbq stand, but this place isn't it either. The menu looks really good, and the price looks right, but the portions are very small, and the grilled meats are unmarinated and dry.

1 comment:

  1. My experience at Hooters was similar in every way. I have a friend who loves it, I'd never been there, and I needed to have lunch when it was convenient. I didn't find the outfits scandalous and I'm glad I don't have to wear them because I'm sure my legs aren't that good.

    ReplyDelete