Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hard At Work


Mr. Moustache likes to sit on my lap while I'm working, so I can't type or reach my coffee cup.

Lunch today was at the Murray Ave Grill for a Cobb salad. It was a pretty good meal, and now that it's non-smoking I can picture going there regularly.

Dave was busy Monday night grading his first test. On my own for dinner, I decided to wander the streets and see what grabbed my eye. I have passed Mr. Willy's BBQ several times, but there's never anyone in there so it can't be any good can it?

Only one way to know for sure. I ordered the 1/2 chicken with sauce, and I wanted the greens, but they were out, so I settled on broccoli cheddar casserole. They threw in a slice of corn bread, too. Since it was completely empty, I didn't feel like eating at the restaurant, so I had them pack it to go.


The meat wasn't bad, but a little on the dry side. The sauce was quite good, but I would not recommend the broccoli cheese stuff. And the cornbread? Well, nobody makes cornbread like my mama does, so I was not expecting to like it, and I was not surprised when I didn't.

I made it back to the CMU gym again yesterday and today. I swam on Tuesday for 20 minutes again, and I didn't have to stop and tread water as much or for as long to bring my heart rate down from heart attack threshold.

This morning I decided to see what's what in the weight room. I wasn't shocked to find that there wasn't an extensive free weights area, but I was a little surprised to find no barbells, only dumbbells.

I tried to do deadlifts with the 30lb dumbbells but it's hard not to bang those into your shins. I found that I could still bench press with the 25lb dumbbells so I have not regressed so badly in strength as I feared.

My cardiovascular fitness is another story altogether. It does not take much work to get me winded and sweaty. This I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment