Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pickles


I've been getting a bunch of cucumbers lately from the CSA box, and I'm not a big fan of cucs, but I love dill pickles (and they're so easy to make):

First, slice the cucumbers lengthwise into spears (I like mine pretty narrow so I make 8 spears out of each cuc).

Then stuff as many as you can into a glass jar. If you're using a jar about the size of a pasta sauce jar (about 20 ounces), add the following ingredients to the jar in these amounts:

Salt: 1 tablespoon
Garlic: 2 chopped cloves
Dill: a whole bunch chopped up (about 2 teaspoons of dried dill)
Vinegar: 1/4 cup

(make adjustments if your jar is a different size)

Last, fill up the remaining room in the jar with boiling water. Let it cool down before putting on the lid and marinating in the fridge for at least 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment