Friday, June 11, 2010

My FarmVille: Week 14


I'm pretty sure it's actually week 14, even though I just posted just last week. I'm getting a few blooms on the eggplant, pepper, and tomato plants in this bed:


I hope the bees come around again. I got another tomato plant yesterday (my 5th--the Sweet Million cherry tom I grew last year that was amazingly productive), but I have no idea where to put it. The herbs are really taking off and spreading out, and I've picked a bit of basil here and there.

The sweet potatoes (under hay) and corn are coming up nicely here:


The sunflowers I planted along the wall (above) are acting as snail bait, because I can't seem to get many to grow much before they get mowed down, giving them belly aches before they get to the other plants (I hope). I also put in another pepper plant right in front there (behind the ginormous strawberry plants in the foreground). That makes 5 pepper plants.

As you can see in the photo below, the peas got really tall and thick, and then fell over.


I'm getting a lot of peas though, so I can't complain. The carrot foliage is growing thicker now, and I've harvested a few more disappointing turnips.

The spinach is at it's end, and I have to decide what to plant there next. I also ate the first head of broccoli and it was pretty good, just very very small, but the buds were opening so I knew it was already mature.

I'm really looking forward to some baby carrots and the next broccoli coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment