Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Love

Witnesses

Our third wedding anniversary went by last week without a lot of fanfare. This time we decided to see the new Harry Potter movie which I think is very appropriate, because I fell in love with Dave while he read Harry Potter books to me.

A heartfelt and reciprocated love brings a certain power of transformation, which is pretty much unique in the world. Dave has the unique ability to inspire me to try to be my best self, and not just when he’s nearby. He encourages me in my more constructive passions and brings out my better qualities. He makes my weaknesses apparent, so that I can learn and grow, but doesn’t reflect them back at me. Our relationship is passionate in just the right places and calm in others. It’s not perfect, but it has all the right ingredients. This is what I believe true love is.

3 comments:

  1. Virg, what a beautiful post.

    Happy anniversary. Glad you found someone who makes you so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! Thanks for such an inspiring post.

    Great picture, too. COngratulations, again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a description of love.:-)

    ReplyDelete