Thursday, August 7, 2008

In Real Time

As Dave blogs about the past I will attempt to keep you, our fans, informed about current events. Current events are much more boring...

Today the gardener came back and took out a huge mess of morning glory vines out of the raspberry patch behind the garage.


This is what was left AFTER the gardener took out major vines.


I had attempted to kill them off by bleaching them at what I thought was the source, the side of the garage. They went brown and died for a few days, but these suckers have rooted down all over the place, including in the grass. They only grew back stronger and laughed at me!


Two weeks ago I poured 5 gallons of bleach over this area, but look how it thrives!

The pumpkin seedlings are growing rapidly. They're already this big in only 3 weeks:



The other plants are not growing nearly as fast, and I still haven't seen any chard, not that I would know what it would look like anyway.

Lunch today was at the Tango Cafe, and while it is a very cozy place to hang out and play cards, it is a challenging place to find a decent American appetite-sized meal and a dairy and caffeine-free cold beverage. Oh well!

Tonight Dave goes to eat dinner with a former student, and I sit at home and try to work. And eat India Garden leftovers (YUM!).

No comments:

Post a Comment